As per National Assessment and Accreditation council (NAAC) Guidelines every accredited institution should have an internal quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institutions system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. IQAC does not believe in hierarchical record keeping exercise. Rather, it is a facilitative and participative voluntary system of an institution that works for the holistic quality enhancement by working out planned strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The Primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevant and quality academic/research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;’
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality –related institutional process.
- Organization of inter intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes an activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality related activities , including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintenance /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameter of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate /contribute to:
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement,
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functions;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HELs;
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
COMPOSITION OF IQAC:
- Chair person Mr. Prasanta Kumar Biswal (Principal)
- Teacher Representatives:
- Management Member: Mr. Babaula Mallick.
- Senior Adminstrative: 1) DR. Rsanjan Kumar Bal.